I love using my crockpot and finding simple yet delicious recipes to use in the slow cooker. This lasagna recipe is easy to prepare, let cook all day and have a delicious dinner.
Slow Cooker Lasagna
1 pound ground beef
1/2 cup diced onion
1 can (15 ozs.) tomato sauce
1 can (14 1/2 ozs.) Italian diced tomatoes
1 can (15 ozs.) spaghetti sauce
1 teaspoon basil
1 teaspoon garlic powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
1 container (15 ozs.) ricotta cheese
12 uncooked lasagna noodles
1. Cook beef and onion until meat is no longer pink.
2. Mix together tomato sauce, diced tomatoes, spaghetti sauce, basil, garlic powder and salt.
3. Add meat/onion to sauce mixture.
4. Add together 1 cup of mozzarella cheese and ricotta cheese.
5. Spoon 1/4 of the beef/sauce mix into a 5-6 qt. slow cooker; top with 4 noodles broken into pieces to fit.
6. Spread with half of the cheese mixture and another 1/4 of the beef/sauce mix.
7. Top with 4 more noodles, the remaining cheese mixture and then 1/4 more of the beef/sauce.
8. Top with the remaining 4 noodles and the remaining sauce mixture.
9. Cover and cook on low for 4-6 hours or until the noodles are tender.
10. Sprinkle the top of lasagna with the remaining 1 cup of mozzarella cheese. Cover again and let stand for about 15 additional minutes or until the cheese is melted.