Wednesday, October 31, 2012

Simple Bread Pudding

If you like bread pudding and want a simple recipe that will only take minutes to prepare, then this is the recipe for you. I am not a fan of raisins in my bread pudding, but they could easily be added. Caramel topping or vanilla flavored whipped topping goes very well with this bread pudding.

6-8 servings
Ingredients:
6 slices day-old bread ( I like to use a brown sugar cinnamon bread)
2 tablespoons butter, melted
4 eggs, beaten
1 3/4 cups milk
3/4 cup sugar
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1 teaspoon vanilla extract

Directions:
1. Break bread into small pieces  and place in a lightly greased 8-inch baking pan.
2. Drizzle melted butter over the bread.
3. In a mixing bowl, beat eggs, milk, sugar, cinnamon and vanilla, beat until well mixed.
4. Pour over bread and lightly push down  with a fork until the bread is covered.
5. Bake at 350 degrees for 40-45 minutes  or until the top lightly springs back with tapped.


3 comments:

  1. I'm your newest follower from the blog hop! It's so nice to find another recipe blog to get some great ideas. I can't wait to see what you come up with over the holidays!

    ReplyDelete
  2. yummy! looks so good! Thanks for linking up with Friendly Friday, I'm following you now. www.todaywiththetennerys.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Interestingly enough, I've never had bread pudding before! And after reading your recipe I'm not sure why because it sounds great! Think I'm going to have to give it a try!
    Thanks for sharing this at Mom's Test Meal Mondays!

    ReplyDelete